Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beans

I threw up for the first time last night. I also reached the eight week mark. there are still those days that I don't feel pregnant at all but I'm not as worried about it as I had been. After our scan 2 weeks ago the doc said we didn't need to come in for the 8 weeks scan and that we could just wait until we go in for the 12 week scan. At the time it seemed like a good idea because our insurance will not cover any pregnancy that was achieved using ART. Doctors visits, scans and meds are all very expensive in the States and we have to pay out of pocket for all of it. Now that i have another four weeks to wait until I see the beans I'm wishing we kept that appointment. At this point it's too late and I'm just going to have to be patient.
In other news we are really enjoying our little piece of America. My parents came for a week. Jason ran a half marathon. We are still working on projects around the house. And this weekend jason's cousins and their wives are all coming up. So now I'm off to plan a menu for the weekend before my nausea kicks in.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that insurance wouldn't pay for an ART pregnancy...geez...add insult to injury...I guess I just thought that they wouldn't pay for the ivf part...never thought about the other...hang in there with the nausea...i found that when i was pregnant I had to continuously eat or i would throw up..if my tummy got empty...oh my..and developed an aversion to browning hamburger meat...im excited for you guys..sounds like you are off to a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your area flooded? I sure hope not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ground is still very swampy and the lake has come up over our dock but no real damage. Duluth got hit really hard. We are hoping the sun comes out soon to dry up all the land:)
      How are your beans?

      Delete
    2. The boys are great. Ezra has two teeth (but has been having some skin problems, that are hopefully under control now) and Cedric is as happy as a clam. We're ready to be in one place for the rest of the summer, though!

      Delete